Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My Elevator Speech

What Unitarian Universalism has is a rich tradition of recognizing the importance of people determining their own beliefs. This is something most other religions do not have. It is not that we lack beliefs, not even that we lack common beliefs. The thing that makes us different from almost every religion, what is in effect, our central teaching, is that seeking the truth is more important than teaching it.

When you have an idea that is so powerful that it has changed the world several times over, yet there is only one religion that dares to promote that idea, You must realize that that is a religion of note. We have seven ideas that powerful.

1 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, July 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I very much appreciate your blog and elevator speech. It reminds me that I need to work on one of my own.

UU in Midland, Texas
Maureena Gibson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home