Friday, December 29, 2006

Robin Edgar, the Censor

ChaliceChick, Joel Monka, and myself just got 'memory-holed' by Robin Edgar himself. I wasn't really surprised that he 'redirected' my own posts, but I feel bad that Joel and CC got caught in the crossfire. Robin and I have been going at it pretty intensely recently.
Several times he said he wasn't going to respond to me anymore, but he did. Then he made a special thread and told me only to post there. He still didn't answer my questions, and progressively buried my thread. (He also tried to set the agenda on the thread he had set aside for 'me', which I thought was cute.)
Then he said that he would 'disallow' my posts if I did not reveal my real name. (more on that tomorrow, and the next day) Effectively he was trying to force me to out myself if I wanted to continue to post on his blog. Finally he turned on comment moderation and copy&pasted a number of post to the thread linked above. (He will try to say this is somehow different from a 'memory hole', but it ruined the flow of conversation on the thread affected, and destroyed much of the formatting, including his own links.If continued it also buries anything that Robin determines to be a 'non-post'.)

Now I want to go on record here, I am entirely open to criticism with regard to how I am dealing with Robin. I've never done this before. I understand that there is room for disagreement about how to approach this issue. I also understand that my approach is rather intense. 
I'm not going to hold it against anyone that they think I've crossed a line. Most importantly I'm not going to let Robin interfere with my fellowship. (other than spending too much time on him.)

7 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, December 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get the feeling that Robin just does what he does for amusment or attention. If so, more power to him I say. I just don't allow him on my blogs any more so I also do not post on his.

 
At 12:56 PM, January 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My New Year's wish: no one would ever respond to a Robin Edgar posting anywhere.

 
At 8:08 PM, January 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPAM wonderful SPAM!

In light of UUA President Rev. William G. Sinkford's Holiday Message of December 13th, 2006 the following email was just sent to UUA President William G. Sinkford aka Rev. Bill Sinkford by Robin Edgar aka The Emerson Avenger. It will be most interesting to see how President Sinkford responds to it or indeed *if* President Sinkford responds to it.


Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 19:44:19 -0500 (EST)
From: "Robin Edgar" robinedgar59@yahoo.ca
Subject: An Invitation To Dedicate Yourself To Waging Peace With Me In 2007
To: "Bill Sinkford" bsinkford@uua.org, "William Sinkford" wsinkford@uua.org
CC: AllOtherUUs@UUworld.org

Dear President Sinkford,

You And All Other Unitarian Universalists aka UUs Are Cordially Invited To Dedicate Yourselves To Waging Peace With Me In 2007

Sincerely,

Robin Edgar


R.S.V.P.*












* Répondez s’il vous plaît

 
At 4:56 PM, February 21, 2008, Blogger Robin Edgar said...

Just to set the record straight. . . Nobody got "memory holed". "Memory holing" is completely deleting blog posts and other public communications, thus making it impossible for people to to read what was said. Nope, all that really happened was that a few rather obnoxious U*U Souls got U*U Holed. ;-)

 
At 3:51 PM, February 24, 2008, Blogger indrax said...

doubleplusungood refs unpersons rewrite fullwise upsub antefiling

 
At 6:38 PM, November 20, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 
At 6:46 PM, January 18, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Low price lotensin RX dutas Pharmacy avodart World delivery speman Without prescription serevent Buy persantine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home