Thursday, December 15, 2005

Questing

I got fired last night. This is the first time I've actually gotten fired. Usually if I'm going to get fired, I'll quit first. I was working in a call center for the Red Cross, call blood donors, get new appointments to donate. I'm not too fond of the phone work, but I liked it because even when I had a bad day, I knew it was a good cause. I didn't feel like a cog in a corporate machine. I was a cog in a blood sucking machine :-) I just started 6 months ago, and this was the end of my probationary period, I knew my numbers were not where they were supposed to be, too surprised. Bossguy will give me a good reference though.
The upsides are: More time to do Christmas shopping, (thought less money with which to do it.) I can stay at my Mother's for Christmas, I can more easily get to the saturday craft group my friend is doing at church, (I make devil sticks).
I'll also have more time to work on my many blogs. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Part of me wants to push my websites into making enough money to pay the important bills, but I'm not sure I can do that in time.
I'm experimenting with a mini-blog in the sidebar of my blogs, for random links and general indrax-related news. If it looks terribly wonky, tell me how and what browser/system you're using.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, December 20, 2005, Blogger Robin Edgar said...

Hi Indrax,

I am sorry to hear that you were fired from the Red Cross. I hope that things work out for you ASAP.

Happy Winter Solstice and all that,

Robin Edgar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home