Sunday, December 18, 2005

Parkour - Home

Before today, I didn't know that I was into Parkour.
See awesome Videos.

I'm very much into running and jumping, my natural inclination is to move faster and more vertically than most people do. If a wall is blocking my way, and I can jump over it, I jump it, where most people would go around.
Now I've discovered that there is a movement for this. It's not just me being crazy, it's a skill with a name. I've got people to compare myself to and learn moves from.

I need to get in shape.

"No violence, No competition, No Groups, No Chiefs."

I also like that this appeals simultaneously to the tough guy part of my brain, and my attraction to pacifism.
I've got to say though, it's funny that a french soldier and his son turned running away into a martial art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home